Getting the 35 Contact Hours for the Exam
In this section of the blog , am listing the most cost and time efficient options available in the ONLINE market to get the 35 contact hours certificate required to apply for the PMP exam .
By Shadi Al-Sha’er , PMP® , RMP® , PRINCE2 Practitioner ®, September,24,2018
It’s the first requirement of the PMI to be eligible for the PMP exam application , below am listing my preferred two choices for this step , the most cost and time effective options for busy professionals , attending a PMP live class isn’t always the preferred for most of people having a full time job , in the past 10 years most of the PMP Candidates are using the Online live webinars and Teaching platforms such as Udemy ! on this blog , am listing the best two choices in means of Quality , Time and Cost efficiency ( In My Opinion ) .
It’s my first choice and recommendation always, very cost effective which can be taken for $11.99 Only ! Yes, you will get 35 PDU’s for this price, with tight budgets and limited time this will be the best choice in the market, it has been updated recently to match with the PMBOK guide 6th edition to help aspirants to be well prepared for the new PMP® exam in 2018. The course can really help PMP® aspirants to succeed in the PMP® Exam as over 42,000+ PMP® students have made use of Joseph Phillips course for their PMP® Exam preparation , tell the moment am writing this article , the course got over 11,000+ reviews with an overall rating of 4.6 , among tens of PMP exam preparation course available on Udemy , this course always has the best seller badge .
When you pay $11.99 for this course, you will get a certificate of completing 35 contact hours of education in project management field , this certificate can be used to apply for the exam on the PMI.org website , and it will let you pass the audit process in case your application was selected for the audit process ( Bases on my personal experience ) , getting this certification will be fair enough for the price you paid ! still when you start the course you will be surprised with the course content and it will exceed your expectations ! and once you are done with the course you will need to refer to PMBOK guide and your reference book in addition to practicing some PMP simulated tests ! this is all what you need for the PMP exam preparation journey , overall my PMP study plan should not cost you more than $40 and the reference book cost . this was my intent when this blog was created , to help professionals get certificates with the most time and cost effective ways .
Meet Your instructor
PMP, PMI-ACP, Project+, ITIL, PSM I, CTT+
Joseph Phillips has more than 15 years’ experience as a project management consultant, educator, technology consultant, business owner, and technical writer. He has consulted as a project manager for a range of businesses, including startups, hospitals, architectural firms, and manufacturers. Joseph is passionate about helping students pass the PMP certification exam. He has created and led both in-person and web-based seminars on project management, PMP certification, IT project management, program management, writing, business analysis, technical writing, and related topics. Joseph has written, co-authored, or served as technical editor to more than 35 books on technology, careers, project management, and goal setting for MacMillan, McGraw-Hill, Pearson Education, and AMA Press.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
CompTIA Project+ Professional
CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer+
Certified ITIL Foundations Professional
Professional Scrum Master I
PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide, McGraw-Hill
CAPM/PMP All-in-One Exam Guide, McGraw-Hill
PMP Project Management Lab Book, McGraw-Hill
The Certified Technical Trainer All-in-One Exam Guide, McGraw-Hill
IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish, McGraw-Hill
Project Management for Small Business, American Management Association
Software Project Management for Dummies, For Dummies Publisher
The Lifelong Project, Amazon CreateSpace
Vampire Management: Why Your Job Sucks, Amazon CreateSpace
Biography of the instructor describes the capabilities he have in the project management field and this will indeed make this course your best choice .
Note: Practicing mock exams is the second most important contributing factor to passing the PMP® Exam from your first trial, you need to practice as much as you can, on Udemy platform there are various options , am listing few of the best and most realistic simulated exams .
Why will the PMP Exam Prep Seminar – PMBOK Guide 6th edition includes 35 PDU’s Created by Joseph Philips should be your first choice in the market?
My name is Shadi Al Sha’er , PMP , PMI-RMP , PRINCE2 Practitioner , am working as a project manager with one of the leading real estate developers in the middle east , due to the construction field nature of working hours , I used to work for over 10+ hours a day , still am challenging my self to get more and more certificates , when I plan to get a certificate 3 or 4 months ahead , the first step will be looking for a preparation course , and since my PMI-RMP certification , am using only live webinars and Udemy platform , attending full days training courses isn’t a valid option due to my working hours situation , for some live webinars it will work specially for ones scheduled at evening time or weekends , the best option is to attend a course on udemy such as PMP Exam Prep Seminar – PMBOK Guide 6th edition includes 35 PDU’s , below are the reasons why will this course be your first choice :
- Will make you eligible for the PMI-PMP exam application by earning 35 contact hours , you will earn a certificate of completion at the end of the course .
- 24 Hours recorded Videos , can be watched without any time limit and whenever suits your timing , Life time access !
- Udemy courses have an access from all devices and TV .
- Udemy courses are downloadable on your mobile, it can be watched offline even when you are travelling ( I used to watch PMI-RMP lectures offline when am flying )
- Can help you pass the PMP exam from the first trial, very comprehensive and updated as per the PMBOK 6th edition .
- 30 Days money Back guarantee! it can be refunded (even I never did )
All mentioned reasons made my mind purchase such courses for the exam preparation journey, you can purchase this course with the lowest price possible in the market through the link here, $ 11.99 only !
PMP Exam Prep Seminar – PMBOK Guide 6th edition includes 35 PDU’s Course Overview
Throughout the 24 hours Videos of the course the instructor , Joseph Phillips PMP, PMI-ACP, Project+, ITIL, PSM I, CTT+ will guide students all the way and teach everything one will ever need to know and during the PMP exam , There are 20-25 quiz questions after each chapter for students to check whether the chapter materials have been correctly understood .
The course will start with a section preparing you for the PMP exam , exploring the course content , PMP exam application and prequalification’s , the section following will provide you with tips of how to take the maximum benefit out of the course , the instructor then will take you into a tour of the PMP exam domains , PMBOK guide 6th edition , Project management components and fundamentals , the role of the project manager and the project environments on which the project can be performed within .
The course then will have 10 sections discussing each management knowledge area, Integration , Scope , Schedule , Cost , Quality , Resources , Communications , Risk , Procurement and stakeholders , the instructor will start each section with an overview , will move into the each process within the knowledge area , discussing the inputs , tools , techniques and outputs , ending the section with a quiz of 20+ questions , at the end of the course you will have two full practice tests .
What you will get by purchasing the PMP Exam Prep Seminar – PMBOK Guide 6th edition includes 35 PDU’s on Udemy.
- Over 24 hours of high quality videos recorded by the instructor.
- 250 + Sample exam questions Over 10 Quizzes at the end of each section with 20+ questions each.
- 400 Sample exam questions within 2 practice exams at the end of the course.
- Detailed explanation of the 10 knowledge areas of project management.
- Certificate for 35 contact hours from a registered education provider.
Pros and Cons of the PMP Exam Prep Seminar – PMBOK Guide 6th edition includes 35 PDU’s on Udemy.
- The course is published by Instructing.com which is registered education provider – REP Instructingcom, LLC #4082, this course has passed a quality audit and a business review, and it completely abides by the PMI REP program, and so you will get the certification of completion with 35 PDU’s/Contact hours.
- The course is taught by an instructor ( Joseph Phillips ) who has more than 15 years’ experience as a project management consultant , he is PMP, PMI-ACP, Project+, ITIL, PSM I, CTT+ Certified and the author of PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide which is one of the best PMP exam preparation references .
- The course over all will prepare you for the PMP exam with needed technical, business and leadership skills, 20 hours for technical skills, 9 hours for business skills and 6 hours for leadership skills .
- The course lectures are short and direct to the point , you will not get bored while you are watching the course videos , the short lectures ( 2-10 ) minutes are a strength point of the course .
- The course videos are professionally recorded and the presentation is designed and illustrated in a nice way .
- Over 42,000 + students enrolled for the course with 11,000 + Positive reviews and overall rating 4.6/5.0 .
- Lifetime access to the course videos .
- In case you are not satisfied with the course material , Udemy offer a 30 days money back guarantee , simply you can refund .
- Self-Study requires a lot of determination, if you don’t have thrive on self-study, Online courses and webinars are not the best for you. a live class will be the better option.
- This course doesn’t include in depth explanations and practice questions of the PMP Math formulas , It’s an important part of passing the exam from the first trial , you can refer here for more details on the PMP Math guide .
- There is no live interaction with the instructor , whenever you have a question for the instructor , you need to post it in the Q&A section and wait for his answer .
My tips on taking the maximum benefit out of PMP Exam Prep Seminar – PMBOK Guide 6th edition include 35 PDU’s on Udemy.
- Watch the Course introduction section , especially “ Explore the course” lecture , understand the course structure and plan for it , my advice is to plan watching the course content within 2 weeks , print the course outline to use it as a progress check during the course , Once you have finished a lecture, cross it out on the course outline table. This will give you the badly needed tracking of your progress and a sense of accomplishment to move you forward.
- While you are watching the course content, have a notebook alongside with you, mention and highlight topics were you feel it’s not fully understood from your side. You need to refer back to those topics later on from different resources.
- Don’t skip any of the course quizzes, at the end of each section (Knowledge Areas) you will find a quiz of 20-25 questions, a great tool to test your understanding of the section material , at the end of the course you will be tested through those quizzes with over 250 + questions .
- At the end of the course you will have a full practice exam of 200 questions , timely tested within 4 hours as per the real exam , you can go through this exam multiple times , use this exam to have an idea before you go for other exam simulators .
I recommend Joseph Phillips course on Udemy , It had been always my first recommendation for all students asking me about the best resources to get the 35 contact hours for the PMP exam , very cost effective as you can take with a low price of 11.99$ through links on this website only , life time access and you can watch the course videos whenever you want , and at the end you will have the certificate of completion required to apply for the exam on the pmi.org .
Now, for students who would like to attend a live interactive webinar, Udemy shouldn’t be there first option, as mentioned in the cons section of Joseph Philips course, If you have a question for the instructor you have to post it in the Q&A section and wait for the instructor to post his answer, even simple learn offers a Self-Placed learning offer in addition to case studies, still this is not the option am going to review here. In this part I will give you a brief about the Online Classroom Flexi-Pass provided by simplilearn, online classroom training for PMP® Certification is conducted via online live streaming of each class. The classes are conducted by a PMP® certified trainer with more than 15 years of work and training experience, they are interactive sessions that enable you to ask questions and participate in discussions during class time. We do, however, provide recordings of each session you attend for your future reference, the course is scheduled by simplilearn each 2 weeks, you can check the coming course sessions dates and timing here. The course based on the PMBOK guide 6th edition to help aspirants to be well prepared for the new PMP® exam in 2018. The course can really help PMP® aspirants to succeed in the PMP® Exam as over 58,000+ PMP® students have made use of the online classroom flexi-pass course for their PMP® Exam preparation , tell the moment am writing this article , the course got over 13,000+ reviews with an overall rating of 4.2 .
Once you purchase the course , you will have 90 days access to 13+ instructor led online training classes and 180 days of access to high quality , self-paced learning content designed by industry expert . simplilearn Instructor-led Learning Pass Training comes with a 100% money back guarantee. Simplilearn uses top learning methodologies to equip learners with the knowledge and confidence to pass the PMP exam in the first attempt. If you do not pass the PMP exam at the first attempt, Simplilearn will refund the course price to you.
To ensure your success, we strongly recommend that course participants take the PMP exam within a week of the course completion date—or a maximum of 45 days from the completion of the online training. This way, the course materials will be fresh in your mind.
If you do not pass the exam in the first attempt, Simplilearn will refund the full course price to you. To receive a refund, you must make a request through the help and support online. You must submit a copy of your score card along with the date you completed your online classroom training. Simplilearn will refund the course price within 30 days of receiving all required documentation. We will process the refund using the same method you used to pay for the course.
Meet your Instructors
Jeff Allen & Tom Jerom
Jeff Allen is a highly-regarded project management and Agile expert with more than 15 years of experience at large companies like Compaq and HP. As an Agile Coach, he has mentored over 5000 professionals globally . Tim Jerome is an international project management expert with over 15 years of experience at companies like Intel and Digital Network Services. A former president of the PMI Rio Grande Chapter, Tim is also a PMP instructor with over 10 years of experience in addition to his extensive project management consulting experience.
Throughout the e-learning content videos of the course the instructors will guide students all the way and teach everything one will ever need to know and during the PMP exam , There is a quiz at the end of each section for students to check whether the section materials have been correctly understood .
The course will start with a section introducing you for the PMP exam , the section following will talk about the professional and social responsibility , the instructor then will take you project management framework and project management fundamentals , the fourth section will discuss the project management processes .
Then the instructors will have 10 sections discussing each management knowledge area, Integration , Scope , Schedule , Cost , Quality , Resources , Communications , Risk , Procurement and stakeholders , the instructor will start each section with an overview , will move into the each process within the knowledge area , discussing the inputs , tools , techniques and outputs , ending the section with a quiz , at the end of the course you will have an appendix with the PMP list of knowledge and skills .
What you will get by purchasing the PMP Online Classroom Flexi-Pass by Simplilearn ?
- Certificate of Completion with 35 Contact Hours / Pdu’s by Registered education provider (REP)
- 36 hours of Instructor led training
- 8 Industry Case Studies , 20 industry based scenarios
- 29 hours of high quality e-learning content
- Detailed explanation of the 10 knowledge areas of project management.
- 7 Simulated test papers ( 200 Questions each )
Note : When you purchase Simplilearn online classroom flexi-pass course , there is no need to purchase any other simulated tests , the course contains 7 simulated tests with overall 1,400 Questions .
Best of the Online PMP training market competition
|PMP Exam Prep Seminar – Udemy||Recorded Videos Content||24 hours – Video
2 Simulated tests
|PMP 35 Contact Hours – Udemy||Recorded Videos Content||31 hours – videos
|Simplilearn||Recorded Videos Content||29 hours – videos
7 simulated tests180 Days access
|Simplilearn||Interactive Live Webinars||Live instructor led training
7 Simulated Tests
90 Days Access
|Grey Campus||Recorded Videos Content||Recorded Videos
3 Simulates tests
1 Year access
|Grey Campus||Interactive Live Webinars||Live instructor led training
3 Simulates tests
1 Year access