PMP Exam Simulators
Practicing is very important, am listing the most cost and time efficient PMP exam simulators available in the online market to get high quality mock tests before your real exam.
By Shadi Al-Sha’er, PMP®, RMP®, PRINCE2 Practitioner ®, September ,08,2019
The second contributing factor for students to pass the PMP exam from the first attempt is practicing high-quality PMP exam questions, as i mentioned earlier in the PMP exam study plan, the PMP exam questions are different than college and school exams! They are very objective, your ability to recognize and deal with each type of questions will increase your chances passing the exam from the first trial, you should expect questions from the following types:
- Math formula based questions, in such type of questions you need to use math formulas to solve, they are based on the formulas you need to memorize for the PMP exam, refer to the table here to know more about the math formulas and definition of each. For me, formula based questions are a great tool in the PMP exam, you just need to know the required formulas and how to use each in order to guarantee around 10 to 15 exam questions in the real exam, practicing math questions will help you a lot in the PMP exam, if you still believe you have an issue with formula based questions, you can refer to my PMP detailed math course which includes + 50 tough math questions, you can enroll here for $19.99. Also you can test your readiness with the PMP math concepts through the tests here with 150 tough math questions.
- ITTO based questions, ITTO refer to Input, Tools and Techniques, and Outputs. There will be few direct questions based on the ITTO’s of the 49 processes, will ask you about the input, tool or output of the process given in the question, some questions will describe a process in the question and as you about the most appropriate input/output/tool which could be used in the process, you first need to decide which process the question is describing and then select the right answer, it’s hard to memorize all ITTO’s for the 49 processes, but you need to understand them for each process, expect questions of this type specially in risk management, communications management and Stakeholder management. I prepared a table with key ITTO’s you need to memorize for the PMP exam, refer to the table here. Once you are done preparing for the PMP exam, you can test your readiness for the ITTO’s questions through the 200 questions ITTO based here.
- Situational based questions, the most difficult type of questions in the PMP exam, such type of questions will test your ability to apply the theoretical knowledge you learnt into real life examples and applications in managing projects, usually they are tricky and long, it involves a lot of reading and therefor it will consume time, it’s important to recognize the important part of the question in order not to waste time, the other challenging part of this type of questions is that the four options might look acceptable, you should select the best answer.
- Definition based questions, this is the simplest type of questions, there are important terms you need to be aware of for the exam, those questions will ask you about the definition of a specific term, or will define the term in the question and ask you to select the term the question is defining from the four options.
- Knowledge based questions, these questions may ask you to identify the meaning of a project management scenario based on the information provided in the question. For example, you could get a question where you are asked to find the exception within the four answers given or you may be asked to name a type of chart or diagram, such type of questions will be used frequently in the quality and risk management knowledge areas.
- Interpretational questions, this type will give you a description of a situation and ask you about the best options to take. For example, they could give you a situation where a project is over budget and ask you to pick the best option a project manager should take to make up the lost time.
It’s important to practice all types of questions listed above before you go for the real exam, it’s also important to practice simulated tests within a time frame of four hours. The online market is full with simulated tests, I have created a course on Udemy platform were I put 600 questions together divided into three simulated exams, all are based on the PMBOK 6th edition and structured as per the PMI standards for the PMP exam and including all question types stated above, my mock exams are to be carried out in a simulated environment similar to the real exam with a timer, you can pause the test in between and you are allowed to re-take the test later. Your test will resume from where you left, but the test time will be reduced by the amount of time you’ve taken in the previous attempt. These simulated PMP exams may be used in several ways. If you take it as a final, you will get a very good idea how you would do if you walked right in to take the PMP exam. In that way, it can be a very good readiness indicator, use this exam again and again to practice before you go for the real exam, a passing score of this exam is 160 out of 200, which is 80 %, i advise you to repeat this exam more than one time until you reach a score of not less than 90%, you can enroll here for these simulated tests for a price of $ 19.99 only.
How to know if you are ready for the real exam?
By checking your test scores in the mock tests you will go through, you can check your readiness for the exam, doing some surveys and from my own experience preparing students for the exam, practicing those three tests and other high quality tests while getting a score of 80% and above in each from the first time will make your chances to pass the exam from the first trial very high, the best in the course above that you will find detailed explanations for each question, you need to give attention for those explanations, as passing through them will be considered as a review for the PMP exam content.
At the end, in the PMP exam a pass is a pass, the PMP certificate you will receive will not show your scores, whether you score all moderately proficient ,proficient or even below.
While you are practicing questions to prepare for the PMP exam, try the same exam two or three times is often good for practice, but if you would like to assess whether you are exam ready, remember to evaluate only with your first-time results.
Need more mock tests?
The online market is full of exam simulators; i did a proper research through the web and below am listing some of the most popular PMP exam simulators, what am listing below are excellent sources for practicing the PMP exam questions.
If you would like to get more hands-on experience to be better prepared for the real PMP® exam, you might like to explore the PMP exam simulator by Whizlabs based on the PMBOK 6th edition for $39.9 with 5 full-length mock exams (1300 unique questions). What’s inside?
- 5 Full-length mock exams (1300 unique questions)
- Objective-based (Multiple Choice) Practice Tests
- Exhaustive Explanation with Every Question
- Tips and Tricks
- Revision Notes
- Unlimited Access
What are the practice tests provided by Whizlabs?
Practice tests are designed by experts to simulate the real exam scenario. The questions are based on the exam syllabus outlined by official documentation. The questions that appear in each practice test are unique and not repeated in other practice tests. These practice tests are provided to the candidates to gain more confidence on exam preparation and self-evaluate them against the exam content.
Whizlabs questions distribution per domain as follow:
Initiating process group: 103 questions.
Planning process group: 188 questions.
Executing process group: 243 questions.
Monitoring and Controlling process group: 201 questions.
Closing process group: 65 questions .
You can take this exam simulators package for a price of only $9,99 through the link here as a special promotion!
PMP® exams and math Lectures training from Master of Project Academy is designed to ensure that you clear the PMP exam in the first attempt. After you complete your PMP® exam preparation, take these exams, if you can score over 65% from these exams, you can be confident to schedule your real PMP® exam, seven realistic PMP exams with total 1400 sample PMP exam questions.
What are the exam simulators features?
- Completing this online PMP exam simulator test earns you 28 PDU (contact hours) to help your PM education eligibility for the PMP certification exam
- 1400+ sample real-like PMP exam questions
- Seven PMP mock exams and 10 Knowledge Areas of the latest PMBOK is covered.
- Based on the latest PMBOK
- Answers and rationales for each PMP exam simulation question
- Detailed report of your PMP exam simulation performance and further recommendations to pass your PMP certification exam in your first attempt.
- 24/7 assistance from our expert support team
You can have one month access to this material and practice 1,400 high quality questions for $45 through the link here.
In the PMP practice exam Set one offered by Joseph Phillips, you’ll be challenged with 200 PMP practice exam questions based on the PMBOK Guide, sixth edition. These question have been written to emulate the PMP exam and are based on the PMP exam objectives as provided by PMI. In this course you’ll have five exams total:
- PMP Exam One: 50 question across all exam domains (one hour)
- PMP Exam Two: 50 question across all exam domains (one hour)
- PMP Exam Three: 50 question across all exam domains (one hour)
- PMP Exam Four: 50 question across all exam domains (one hour)
- PMP Exam Compilation: 200 questions in one complete exam (four hours)
Use this practice exam course to prepare to pass the PMP exam. Take each one-hour exam set until you can answer all 50 questions correctly. Once you’ve mastered the individual exams, move onto the 200-question exam compilation. Repetition is the mother of learning!
I highly recommend this course as more than 3,000 students enrolled with an overall rating of 4.3/5.0, it is also very cost effective and you can enroll here for $ 11.99 only.
5. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification Practice Exam – high Quality by Umer Waqar on Udemy.
Realistic PMP (Project Management Professional) practice exam to help you pass on your first attempt, +3,000 students enrolled with overall rating of 4.3/5.0.
When it comes to the PMP (Project Management Professional) certification, it is important to review PMP Practice test/ Practice Exam questions that are most similar to the ones tested on the actual exam.
This exam contains:
- The most asked questions on the Pmp exam
- Answer explanations
- Situation based questions
- Numerical and mathematical questions
- Knowledge area specific questions (All knowledge areas have been covered) concept definition based questions
Each question is supported by answer explanations which will allow you to understand the reasoning behind the correct answer choice. This course is also very cost effective as you can enroll for this practice test from the link here for $11.99 only.
As a conclusion of all what was mentioned in this article, you need to practice high quality mock tests in order to increase your chances to pass the PMP exam from your first trial! i practiced more than 2,000 questions before my PMP exam date, and this is the core reason why i was able to complete my exam in 25 minutes less than the exam time, and pass it from the first trial! pick the exam simulator that suits your requirements from the list above, check the details of each of them before you enroll in any.