This article contains most of the important information you need to know about Manage Stakeholder engagement process in order to answer questions related to this topic in the PMP Exam, I recommend you review this type of articles 1 week before your exam date, all information mentioned are based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for Rita Maclhy’s, ITTO refers to Inputs, Tools & Techniques and outputs.
This process is a part of executing Process group and Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area with the following ITTO’s
- Project Charter
- Project management Plan ( Communications , change and Risk Management Plans , Stakeholder engagement plan )
- Project Documents (Change log , Issue log , Stakeholder register )
- Organizational Process Assets
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
- Expert Judgment
- Communication skills ( Feedback)
- Interpersonal and team Skills ( Conflict management , Cultural and political awareness , negotiation and observation )
- Ground Rules
- Change Requests
- Project Management Plan Updates (Communications Management Plan, Stakeholder Engagement plan )
- Project Document Updates ( Change log , Issue log , stakeholder Register , lessons learned register )
- It’s the process of communicating and working with stakeholders to meet their needs and expectations , address issues and foster appropriate stakeholder involvement)
- Aims to meet stakeholder needs, resolve their issues and make sure they remain interested and active in the project.
- It is essential to manage stakeholder engagement and expectations throughout the project/
- The issue log ( Action item log ) is used in this process to identify issues and track any concerns or conflicts
- Ground rules are defined in the team charter set the expected behavior for project team members .