This article contains most of the important information you need to know about Control Scope process in order to answer questions related to this topic in the PMP Exam, I recommend you review this type of articles 1 week before your exam date, all information mentioned are based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for Rita Maclhy’s, ITTO refers to Inputs, Tools & Techniques and outputs.
This process is a part of Monitor and Control Process group and Scope Management Knowledge Area with the following ITTO’s
- Project Management Plan
- Project Documents
- Work Performance Data
- Organizational Process assets
Tools & Techniques:
- Data Analysis
- Change Requests
- Work Performance information
- Project Document updates
- Project management plan updates
- It’s the process of monitoring the status of the project and product scope and managing changes to the scope baseline.
- Proactive process as project manager should be overlooking the project scope.
- Controlling project scope ensures all requested change requests and corrective actions or preventive actions are processes through the integrated change control process.
- It involves measuring and assessing work performance data against the scope baseline and managing scope baseline changes.
- Scope performance should be measured continually against the scope baseline.
- Variance Analysis : a method to compare planned and actual work an determine the actions .