This article contains most of the important information you need to know about Control Stakeholder engagement process in order to answer questions related to this topic in the PMP Exam, I recommend you review this type of articles 1 week before your exam date, all information mentioned are based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for Rita Maclhy’s, ITTO refers to Inputs, Tools & Techniques and outputs.
This process is a part of Monitor and Control Process group and Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area with the following ITTO’s
- Project management Plan ( Communications and resources Management Plans , Stakeholder engagement plan )
- Project Documents (Project Communications , Issue log , Stakeholder register , Risk register , lessons learned register )
Tools & Techniques:
- Data Analysis (Alternative analysis , Root cause analysis , stakeholder analysis )
- Decision making (Multi criteria decision analysis , Voting )
- Data Representation ( Stakeholder engagement assessment matrix )
- Communication Skills (Feedback , Presentation )
- Interpersonal and team skills ( Active Listening , Cultural and political awareness , networking and leadership )
- Expert Judgment
- Change Requests
- Work Performance information
- Project Management Plan Updates (Communications and resources Management Plan, Stakeholder Engagement plan )
- Project Document Updates ( Issue log , Risk Register , stakeholder register, lessons learned register )
- Organizational Process assets updates
- It’s the process of monitoring project stakeholder relationships and tailoring strategies for engaging stakeholders through modification of engagement strategies plans .
- Maintaining Stakeholder relationships and controlling stakeholder engagement are ongoing responsibilities for the project manager.
- It involves reassessing the stakeholder register, adding stakeholder as appropriate and noting when a particular stakeholder involvement is no longer necessary.
- To maintain strong relationships you need to spend time talking with stakeholders and develop ways to listen and gather information on their ongoing feelings about the projects and other stakeholders.