This article contains most of the important information you need to know about Control Communications process in order to answer questions related to this topic in the PMP Exam, I recommend you review this type of articles 1 week before your exam date, all information mentioned are based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for Rita Maclhy’s, ITTO refers to Inputs, Tools & Techniques and outputs.
This process is a part of Monitor and Control Process group and Communications Management Knowledge Area with the following ITTO’s
- Project Management Plan ( Recourses Management Plan , Communications Management Plan , Stakeholders engagement plan )
- Project Documents (Issue Log , Lessons learned register , Project Communications)
- Work Performance Data
- Organizational Process Assets
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
Tools & Techniques:
- Interpersonal and team skills (Observation , Conversation )
- Data Analysis (Stakeholder engagement assessment matrix )
- Project Management information system – PMIS
- Expert Judgment
- Work Performance Information
- Change Requests
- Project Management Plan Updates (Communication management plan , Stakeholder engagement matrix )
- Project document Updates ( Issue log , lessons learned register, Stakeholder Register)
- Involves making sure information is flowing as planned in the right way to the right people at the right time and making sure communication management plan is followed .
- You need to measure and compare the actual project communications to the planned one .
- Issue log is an important input as it can be used to communicate issues on the project , areas of confusion , disagreement, conflict, and concerns that require attention and resolution .