This article contains most of the important information you need to know about Estimate Activity resources in order to answer questions related to this topic in the PMP Exam, I recommend you review this type of articles 1 week before your exam date, all information mentioned are based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for Rita Maclhy’s, ITTO refers to Inputs, Tools & Techniques and outputs.
This process is a part of Planning Process group and Recourses Management Knowledge Area with the following ITTO’s
- Project Management Plan ( Recourses Management plan ,Scope Baseline
- Project Documents (Activity List , Activity Attributes, Assumption log , Cost estimates ,Resources Calendar , Risk Register)
- Enterprise environmental factors
- Organizational Process assets
Tools & Techniques:
- Expert Judgment
- Bottom Up estimating
- Analogues estimating
- Parametric estimating
- Data Analysis ( Alternative Analysis )
- Resources Requirement
- Resource Breakdown structure
- Basis of estimates
- Project Document Updates ( Activity attributes , Assumption log , lessons learned register )
- It’s the process of estimating team recourses and define the type and quantities of materials , equipments and supplies necessary to complete project work .
- In this process you are required to determine the type and quantity of resources required for each activity.
- Resource Breakdown Structure (RBS): Hierarchy image that organizes the planned resources by their category and type.
- In this process the human resources are matched into activities.
- Recourses Calendar identifies the working days , shifts , start and end of normal business hours , weekends and public holidays when each specific recourse is available .
- Recourses Requirements identifies the types and quantities of recourses required for each work package or activity in a work package and can be aggregated to determine the estimated recourses for each work package , WBS branch and the project as a whole .