This article contains most of the important information you need to know about Plan schecule management process in order to answer questions related to this topic in the PMP Exam, I recommend you review this type of articles 1 week before your exam date, all information mentioned are based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for Rita Maclhy’s, ITTO refers to Inputs, Tools & Techniques and outputs.
This process is a part of Planning Process group and Time Management Knowledge Area with the following ITTO’s
- Project Management Plan
- Project Charter
- Organizational Process Assets
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
Tools & Techniques:
- Expert Judgment
- Data Analysis
- Schedule Management Plan
- It’s the process of establishing the policies , procedures and documentation for planning , developing , managing , executing and controlling project schedule.
- Involves documenting how you will plan , manage and control the project schedule .
- Schedule management plan is the only output of this process and it should include the following:
- The scheduling methodology and scheduling software to be used.
- Rules of how estimates should be stated.
- Release and iteration length .
- Level of accuracy .
- Establishment of schedule baseline.
- Identification of performance measures that will be used.
- Determination of acceptable variance.
- Planning for how schedule variances will be identified.
- Identification of schedule change control procedure.
- Reporting formats to be used.
- Schedule Control threshold: Limit points at which corrective or preventive actions should be used.