This article contains most of the important information you need to know about Plan Stakeholder management process in order to answer questions related to this topic in the PMP Exam, I recommend you review this type of articles 1 week before your exam date, all information mentioned are based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for Rita Maclhy’s, ITTO refers to Inputs, Tools & Techniques and outputs.
This process is a part of Planning Process group and Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area with the following ITTO’s
- Project Charter
- Project management Plan ( Communications , Recourses and Risk Management Plans )
- Project Documents ( Assumption, Change log , Issue log , Requirements Documentation , Project Schedule , Risk Register , Stakeholder register )
- Organizational Process Assets
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
Tools & Techniques:
- Expert Judgment
- Data Gathering ( Bench Marking )
- Data Analysis ( Assumption and Constraint analysis , Root Cause analysis )
- Decision Making ( Prioritization , Ranking )
- Data Representation ( Mind Mapping , Stakeholder engagement matrix )
- Stakeholder engagement Plan
- It’s the process of developing approaches to involve project stakeholders based on their needs , expectations, interests and potential impact on the project .
- You need to think ahead about how the project will impact stakeholders, how you and the team will interact with stakeholders, how you will involve them in making decisions.
- Stakeholders can be an asset or a problem of your project.
- Stakeholder engagement plan should document the following :
- Stakeholder engagement level.
- Scope and impact of stakeholders
- Communication requirements and forms.
- Stakeholder engagement level can be :
- Resistant , Resistant to change
- Supportive , Supports Changes
- Leading , Actively engaged for project success.
Planning stakeholder engagement must produce the “ Stakeholder Engagement assessment matrix “ which included the current level of a stakeholder engagement ( C: C