Recommended PRINCE2 Foundation Reference Books/ Study Guide
In this section of the blog, am listing the best PRINCE2 Foundation exam reference books to use in the exam preparation journey, am going to highlight the books i used to pass the exam from my first trial.
By Shadi Al-Sha’er, PMP®, RMP®, PRINCE2 Practitioner ®, September,22,2019
The first step in your PRINCE2 exam preparation journey is the online course which i recommended you in the online courses page of this blog. Once you are done with the online preparation course, you need to get your reference book to read the exam content. Below am listing in detail the best reference books to use while preparing for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, am also listing the books i used to prepare for the exam, in addition to few options which students who passed the exam from their first trial recommended.
The PRINCE2 Study Guide, Second Edition, offers comprehensive preparation for the latest PRINCE2 exam. Covering 100 percent of the exam objectives, this guide provides invaluable guidance that will help you master both the material and its applications; indeed, a practice-centered approach helps you “learn by doing” to help you internalize PRINCE2 concepts on a deeper level. Although the exam is heavily focused on detailed business process, this guide’s accessible writing and real-world approach make learning fun. Each chapter poses a common project challenge, and walks you through the solution based on essential PRINCE2 principles. A year of FREE access to electronic study aids allows you to study anywhere, at any time, and expert instruction throughout breaks complex topics down into easily-digestible concepts.
The PRINCE2 exam is challenging, but thorough preparation is your best defense. Conceptual knowledge is important, but it isn’t enough—knowledge is only useful if you can apply it. This book is designed as your personal PRINCE2 coach:
- Master 100 percent of the PRINCE2 exam objectives
- Apply your knowledge to real-world workplace scenarios
- Test your understanding with challenging review questions
- Access sample questions, electronic flashcards, and other study aids
PRINCE2 is globally recognized as one of the premier project management credentials; while less expansive than the PMP, the PRINCE2 is more intense and tightly focused on detailed business processes. Companies around the world are in need of qualified project management professionals to optimize processes and boost organizational performance—and the PRINCE2 certification puts you on the map as a validated professional. If you’re ready to take on your next challenge, the PRINCE2 Study Guide, Second Edition, is your ultimate companion for complete preparation.
This book covers 100% of key capabilities, including support business outcomes, enable business change, manage risk in line with business needs, optimize customer experience, show value for money, continually improve, and much more… Includes online interactive learning environment with: +Sample Foundation and Practitioner Exams Written by the Author
+100 electronic flashcards
+Searchable key term glossary
Complete, practical preparation for the PRINCE2 2017 exam update.
The PRINCE2 Study Guide is your ultimate preparation resource for the new exam! The PRINCE2 has been updated for the first time since 2009, and this guide covers 100 percent of the latest objectives to help you pass with flying colors. Comprehensive explanations focus on practical applications, written in an easy-to-read style that allows you to focus on the content. Each chapter features everyday project scenarios alongside PRINCE2 solutions, helping you “learn by doing” to gain a deeper grasp of key processes and themes. Sample questions, electronic flashcards, challenging reviews, and much more give you the mental edge you need to approach the exam with confidence!
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you’ll be ready for:
- The Seven Principles, Themes, and Processes
- Input and Output from Each Process
- Major Management Product Key Contents
- Relationships Between roles, Processes, and Deliverables
- PRINCE2 Product Applications
- Project-Specific Approaches
- PRINCE2 Applications in Specific Scenarios
- Customizing PRINCE2 to Address a Given Problem
About the Author
David Hinde has prepared thousands of candidates for PRINCE2 certification, and has managed large-scale PRINCE2 projects for organizations including the BBC, Deloitte and Touche and the UK Government. As a PRINCE2 trainer and practitioner, he writes regularly about management topics and speaks at events for the Project Management Institute and the Best Practice User Group.
This book was an amazing resource to use when i prepared for the PRINCE2 exam, the author is moving from chapter to chapter in a very smooth approach, and if you have taken a look at the PRINCE2 official manual, you will appreciate this resource and see how it was made to prepare you for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, at the end of each chapter you will have a sample quiz for Foundation and Practitioner exams. Also you can have this book for a very affordable price on amazon for only $29.99.
You can take a look and read dozens of pages of the PRINCE2 study guide second edition by clicking the link below. You will be restricted to Amazon where you can flip through the book just as you are holding it in a bookstore.
Everything you need to prepare for—and pass—the exams
Does the thought of sitting your PRINCE2 exams bring you out in a cold sweat? Fear not. Passing the PRINCE2 Exams For Dummies is your complete guide to preparing for—and passing—the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams. It’s packed with everything you need to learn from both syllabi, plus good advice on revision techniques. You’ll also find example exam questions that enable you to practice, practice, practice.
- Chapters devoted to revising each of the PRINCE2 Processes (e.g. initiating a project) and Themes (e.g. change)
- Revision checklists for both Foundation and Practitioner exams tell you exactly what you need to learn in preparation for the exams
- Extra clarification and plain-English explanations of the more tricky concepts
- Spot tests to check your understanding as you go
- Sample Foundation and Practitioner exam questions for each Theme and Process
- Get ready for the PRINCE2 Foundation AND Practitioner exams
- Revise each PRINCE2 Theme and Process and grasp the key concepts for each
- Practise and build confidence with example questions and spot-check mini tests
- Prepare fully with exam and revision strategies
Helping you prepare for and pass the PRINCE2® exams!
Chances are that whatever your background you feel a bit nervous about the PRINCE2 exams and in need of all the help you can get. Passing the PRINCE2 Exams For Dummies is based on many years of experience with the exams and gives you that help. Here you’ll find good practical advice on revising, clear pointers on exam strategy and lots of questions in the exam formats that you can practise with. When the exams are approaching, the best way to maximise your chances of success is with thorough preparation and well-structured revision. Passing the PRINCE2 Exams For Dummies was written for you, and with exactly that in mind.
- Know what you’re in for – get the lowdown on how the tests work, what the examiners are really looking for and the various question formats used
- Process your processes and nail down your themes – fine-tune your mastery of the PRINCE2 processes and themes with in-depth revision points
- Practise with questions – lots of specially written questions for both exams so you can cement your knowledge and practise your exam technique
- Keep calm and crack on – didn’t pass on your first attempt? No problem. You can find out where you went wrong and what to do to guarantee success on your next go around
Open the book and find:
- Revision tips and practice questions subject-by-subject
- Extensive cross-references to the official manual and PRINCE2 For Dummies
- Extra explanations of areas that are often misunderstood
- Syllabus-based checklists to help plan your revision
- Spot quizzes to check and fine-tune your understanding
- Specially written practice questions
- Practical exam strategy hints and tips
About the Author
Nick Graham is a director and founder of Inspirandum Ltd, delivering highly practical project management and PRINCE2 training to all types of organisations. He is also a member of the Association for Project Management and of the Institute of Directors. Nick’s other books include PRINCE2 For Dummies and Project Management For Dummies.
This book is amazing start for people who have no idea about the PRINCE2, and it is budget friendly as you can take it for a price of $24 through the link here. You can take a look and read dozens of pages of the PRINCE2 For Dummies by clicking the link below. You will be restricted to Amazon where you can flip through the book just as you are holding it in a bookstore.
You can use this resource as a support for your exam preparation journey. The must use ones are the the ones i described earlier, below paragraph is the book description written by the author.
PRINCE2 is a project management system that is developed by accumulating years of best practice experience from government and commercial businesses and has led to a practical and process-based method that is intended to be applied in any project despite industry, technology, size, or complexity. This book will cover the following topics, demonstrating the added value of PRINCE2 to you as an individual and to your organization. And describing the certification method and the different PRINCE2 certifications. Finally, I will give you an intro to the key components of the PRINCE2 project management method. By the end of completing this book, you will be familiar with the PRINCE2 concepts and you will have a solid foundation to proceed on with your journey in the PRINCE2 practitioner certification.
4. Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 2017th Edition – Recommended for Practitioner level only.
PRINCE2 is firmly established as the world’s most practiced method for project management and is globally recognized for delivering successful projects. The updated 2017 guidance, its first since 2009, places a strong emphasis on the scalability and flexibility of the method and on how best to tailor it to the complexity and specific requirements of a project.
The best practice represented by the PRINCE2 method is supported by a scheme that offers three levels of certification: Foundation, Practitioner and Professional. The PRINCE2 method comprises of seven themes, principles, and processes and equips practitioners with the skills and knowledge to manage projects in a wide range of environments.
- Increased emphasis on tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organizations and a range of project environments
- Demonstrates a greater link between the PRINCE2 themes and principles
- Restructuring of the ‘Themes’ chapters to accommodate typical examples of tailoring
- Provides increased guidance on the practical application of the PRINCE2 method, with examples, hint and tips
- Improvements to the structure and format have been made throughout the manual to ensure it is easier to navigate and use
- The updated guidance and exams has been developed through a collaborative approach involving over 100 members of the broader development team, including practitioners, trainers and consultants
- PRINCE2’s familiar structure of seven principles, themes and processes have remained constant.
The new 2017 edition publication is the manual from which the syllabus and the examinations are set and supports the updated PRINCE2 certification for both Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
The second impression of the sixth edition of Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (2017) includes, in response to feedback on the first impression, a range of minor amendments to improve the overall quality of the guidance. None of these changes has any impact on the PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner examinations.
The changes to the guidance include:
- Clearer application of terms ‘accountable’ and ‘responsible’ throughout
- Amendment to the glossary definition of ‘quality assurance’ and related body text
- Improved consistency between terms ‘project product(s)’ and ‘project’s product(s)
- Clarification of text relating to roles within Ops and Maintenance.
About the Author
Privatized from HMSO in 1996, TSO has a 200-year inheritance of secure, no-fail delivery to Her Majesty’s Government and Parliament and it is the largest publisher in the UK by volume, publishing over 15,000 titles a year.
You can take a look and read dozens of pages of the Managing successful projects with PRINCE2 manual by clicking the link below. You will be restricted to Amazon where you can flip through the book just as you are holding it in a bookstore.
As a conclusion, and in my opinion, the best reference book to use while preparing for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam is the PRINCE2 Study guide, once you are done with it, you need to revisit the topics you feel you didn’t master yet, and make use of the Foundation level quiz questions at the end of each chapter. Reading this book and practicing few high quality PRINCE2 Foundation exam simulators with make you ready to pass your exam from the first trial.
Wish you a PRINCE2 Foundation exam success!