The second contributing factor for students to pass the PMI-PBA exam from the first attempt is practicing high-quality exam questions. As I mentioned earlier in the PMI-PBA study plan, the PMI-PBA exam questions are different than college and school exams! They are very objective, your ability to recognize and deal with each type of questions will increase your chances passing the exam from the first trial. You should expect questions from the following types:
- Situational Based Questions. The most difficult type of questions in the PMI-PBA exam, such type of questions will test your ability to apply the theoretical knowledge you learnt into real life examples and applications in managing business analysis activities in the context of project management. Usually they are tricky and long, it involves a lot of reading and therefor it will consume time. It’s important to recognize the important part of the question in order not to waste time, the other challenging part of this type of questions is that the four options might look acceptable, you should select the best answer.
- ITTO Based Questions. ITTO refers to Input, Tool, Technique, and Outputs. Direct questions based on the ITTO’s of the 35 business analysis processes will ask you about the input, tool, techniques, or output of the process given in the question. Some questions will describe a process and ask you about the most appropriate input/output/tool/technique which could be used in the process. You first need to decide which process the question is describing and then select the right answer. It’s hard to memorize all ITTO’s of the 35 processes, but you need to understand them for each process. Expect questions of this type specially in the analysis knowledge area processes.
- Definition Based Questions. The simplest type of questions, there are important terms you need to be aware of for the exam, those questions will ask you about the definition of a specific business analysis term or will define the term in the question and ask you to select the term the question is defining from the four options.
- Interpretational Questions. This type will give you a description of a situation and ask you about the best options to take.
It’s important to practice all types of questions listed above before you go for the real PMI-PBA exam, it’s also important to practice simulated tests within a time frame of four hours. The online market is full of simulated tests, and I have created a course on where I put 600 questions together divided into three simulated exams, all are based on the PMI standard for business analysis, business analysis for practitioners, and structured as per the PMI standards for the PMI-PBA exam content outline including all question types stated above. My mock exams are to be carried out in a simulated environment like the real exam with a timer. You can pause the test in between and you are allowed to re-take the test later. Your test will resume from where you left, but the test time will be reduced by the amount of time you've taken in the previous attempt. Those simulated PMI-PBA exams may be used in several ways, if you take it as a final, you will get a very good idea how you would do if you walked right in to take the PMI-PBA exam. In that way, it can be a very good readiness indicator, use this exam again and again to practice before you go for the real exam. A passing score of this exam is 160 out of 200, which is 80%, I advise you repeat this exam more than one time until you reach a score of not less than 90%, you can enroll here for those simulated tests for a price of $49.
How to know if you are ready for the real exam?
By checking your test scores in the mock tests you will go through, you can check your readiness for the exam. Doing some surveys and from my own experience preparing students for the exam, practicing those three tests and other high-quality tests while getting a score of 80% and above in each from the first time will make your chances to pass the PMI-PBA exam from the first trial very high. The best in the course above that you will find detailed explanations for each question, you need to give attention for those explanations, as passing through them will be considered as a review for the PMI-PBA exam content.
Rest assure that I wrote the mock exams questions few days after I passed my PMI-PBA exam, so I guarantee you seeing a lot of my questions in the real PMI-PBA exam. At the end, in the PMI-PBA exam a pass is a pass, the PMI-PBA certificate you will receive will not show your scores, whether you score all moderately proficient, proficient, or even below. While you are practicing questions to prepare for the PMI-PBA exam, try the same exam 2 or 3 times is often good for practice, but if you would like to assess whether you are exam ready, remember to evaluate only with your first-time results.
Need more mock tests?
The online market is full of exam simulators; i searched the internet and below I am listing some of the most popular ones.
Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) certification exam simulator by Whizlabs.
If you would like to get more hands-on experience to be better prepared for the real PMI-PBA® exam, you might like to explore the PMI-PBA exam Simulator by Whizlabs based on the PMI guide to business analysis for $129 with 6 full-length mock exams (1250 unique questions). What’s inside?
- 5 Full-length mock exams (1250 unique questions)
- Objective-based (multiple choice) practice tests
- Exhaustive explanation with every question
- Tips and tricks
- Revision notes
- Unlimited access
(PMI_PBA) Business Analysis Simulation Exams on Udemy.
This is one of the best courses to prepare for the PMI-PBA exam, you can enroll in this course for a price of $39, and you will access 580 questions that are similar to the real PMI-PBA exam. The questions of this course were based on the following references:
- PMI business analysis for a practitioner, practice guide "PMI BA Standard"
- PMI Guide for business analysis "PMI BA Guide "
- PMI_PBA exam outline "PBA Exam outline"
- Requirements management practice Guide.
All the best in your preperation journey, whenever you have a question about the exam, don't hesitate to reach us out through email@example.com