Practicing is very important; In this article, I am listing the most cost and time effective PMI-RMP exam simulators available in the online market, in order to access high quality mock tests before your real exam. The second contributing factor for students to pass the PMI-RMP exam from the first trial is practicing high-quality PMI-RMP exam questions. As I mentioned earlier in the PMI-RMP exam study plan, the PMI-RMP exam questions are different than college and school exams! They are very objective, your ability to recognize and deal with each type of questions will increase your chances passing the exam from the first trial, you should expect questions from the following types:
- Math formula-based questions. In such type of questions, you need to use math formulas to solve, they are based on the formulas you need to memorize for the PMI-RMP exam. Formula-based questions are a great tool in the PMI-RMP exam, you just need to know the required formulas and how to use each in order to guarantee around 6 to 8 exam questions in the real exam, practicing math questions will help you a lot in the PMI-RMP exam. Questions from this type will be mainly about the Monte Carlo simulation, decision tree analysis, and expected monetary value.
- Tools & Techniques based questions. There will be few direct questions based on the tools and techniques of the risk management processes. Some questions will describe a process in the question and ask you about the most appropriate technique which could be used in the process, you first need to decide which process the question is describing and then select the right answer. It’s hard to memorize all tools and techniques used in risk management processes, but you need to understand them for each process. Expect questions of this type specially in risk identification, and numerical risk analysis.
- Situational based questions. The most difficult type of questions in the PMI-RMP exam, such type of questions will test your ability to apply the theoretical knowledge you learnt into real life examples and applications in managing projects risk. Usually they are tricky and long, it involves a lot of reading and therefor it will consume time, it’s important to recognize the important part of the question in order not to waste time, the other challenging part of this type of questions is that the four options might look acceptable, and you should select the best answer.
- Definition based questions. This is the simplest type of questions, there are important terms you need to be aware of for the exam, those questions will ask you about the definition of a specific term or will define the term in the question and ask you to select the term the question is defining from the four options.
- Knowledge based questions; these questions may ask you to identify the meaning of a risk management scenario based on the information provided in the question. For example, you could get a question where you are asked to find the exception within the four answers given or you may be asked to name a type of chart or diagram, such type of questions will be used frequently in the risk qualitative and quantitative risk analysis processes, and progress tracking tools used in an agile environment.
- Interpretational questions, this type will give you a description of a situation and ask you about the best options to take. For example, they could give you a situation where a project exceeded the risk threshold and ask you to pick the best option a project manager should take to make up the lost time.
Based on the newly published PMI-RMP exam content outline, the real PMI-RMP exam domains are: Risk strategy and planning (22%), risk identification (23%), risk analysis (23%), risk response (13%), monitor and close risks (19%). It’s important to practice all types of questions listed above before you go for the real exam, it’s also important to practice simulated tests within a time frame of 210 minutes. The online market is full of simulated tests, and I have created a course where I put 575 questions together divided into five simulated exams, all are based on the latest PMBOK edition, and the latest exam content outline published by PMI. They and structured as per the PMI standards for the PMI-RMP exam and including all question types stated above. My mock exams are to be carried out in a simulated environment similar to the real exam with a timer, you can pause the test in between and you are allowed to re-take the test later. Your test will resume from where you left, but the test time will be reduced by the amount of time you’ve taken in the previous attempt. These simulated PMI-RMP exams may be used in several ways. If you take it as a final, you will get a very good idea how you would do if you walked right in to take the PMI-RMP exam. In that way, it can be a very good readiness indicator, use this exam again and again to practice before you go for the real exam. I advise you to repeat these exams more than one time until you reach a score of not less than 90%, you can enroll here for these simulated tests for a price of $ 49.99 only.
How to know if you are ready for the real exam?
By checking your test scores in the mock tests, you will go through, you can check your readiness for the exam, doing some surveys and from my own experience preparing students for the exam, practicing those four mock tests and other high-quality tests while getting a score of 80% and above in each exam from the first time will make your chances to pass the exam from the first trial very high. The best in the course above that you will find detailed explanations for each question, you need to give attention for those explanations, as passing through them will be considered as a review for the PMI-RMP exam content.
At the end, in the PMI-RMP exam a pass is a pass, the PMI-RMP certificate you will receive will not show your scores, whether you score all moderately proficient, proficient or even below. While you are practicing questions to prepare for the PMI-RMP exam, try the same exam two or three times is often good for practice, but if you would like to assess whether you are exam ready, remember to evaluate only with your first-time results.
Need more mock tests?
The online market is full of exam simulators; I did a proper research through the web and below am listing some of the most popular PMI-RMP exam simulators, what am listing below are excellent sources for practicing the PMI-RMP exam questions.
If you would like to get more hands-on experience to be better prepared for the real PMI-RMP® exam, you might like to explore the PMI-RMP exam simulator offered by Whizlabs based on the latest PMBOK edition, this package is very practical and you can take it for $39.9 with 5 full-length mock exams (850 unique questions).
What’s inside this package?
- 5 Full-length mock exams (850 unique questions)
- Objective-based (Multiple Choice) practice tests
- Exhaustive explanation with every question
- Tips and tricks
- Revision notes
- Unlimited access
What are the practice tests provided by Whizlabs?
Practice tests are designed by experts to simulate the real exam scenario. The questions are based on the exam syllabus outlined by official documentation. The questions that appear in each practice test are unique and not repeated in other practice tests. These practice tests are provided to the candidates to gain more confidence on exam preparation and self-evaluate them against the exam content. Before you enroll into this package, you can use Whizlabs offer of free access into 25 PMI-RMP questions, then you can upgrade into the paid package. Have a look through the link here.
This course contains two real PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) exams which were created based on risk practice standard and latest PMBOK edition. The practice exam includes the right answer, the clarification for correct answer, the question reference in the PMBOK 6th edition and risk practice standard. The practice exams included different examples of each type of the commonly found questions on the PMI-RMP exam; including the regular question, Monte Carlo simulation questions, and table question. This course of PMI-RMP real practice exam is best way for the PMI-RMP candidate to improve his/her knowledge and to see the areas of weakness and strength, it’s highly recommended with very high rating on Udemy 4.9/5.0 and almost 2,000 students enrolled, you can enroll for this course for $49 through the link here.
This PMI-RMP® Certification Training will help you master the processes of risk management, the structured and objective approach to addressing uncertainty in projects. You’ll learn how to conduct risk planning, identification and analysis, and control both known and unknown risks in projects.
They are offering a full PMI-RMP training including four simulation exams for a price of $239, and you can have a look at the course curriculum here. They are also offering a free access to one full simulation exam, Take the PMI RMP test and map your progress when taking the PMI certification exam. You can use this free RMP PMI study material to help you clear your exam on the first go. These PMI RMP exam questions are simulations of the real certification test and give you an accurate picture of what to expect. Simplify your learning process with these RMP exam questions and test yourself on project management concepts. Weed out the project management areas with this mock test today!
As a conclusion of all what was mentioned in this article, you need to practice high quality mock tests in order to increase your chances to pass the PMI-RMP exam from your first trial! I practiced more than 1,000 questions before my PMI-RMP exam date, and this is the core reason why I was able to complete my exam in 15 minutes less than the exam time, and pass it from the first trial! Pick the exam simulator that suits your requirements from the list above, check the details of each of them before you enroll in any.