Practicing is very important; In this article, I am listing the most cost and time effective CAPM exam simulators available in the online market, in order to access high quality CAPM mock tests before your real exam.
The second contributing factor for students to pass the CAPM exam from their first trial is practicing high-quality CAPM exam questions. As I mentioned earlier in the CAPM exam study plan, the CAPM exam questions are different than college and school exams! They are objective, your ability to recognize and deal with each type of questions will increase your chances passing the exam from the first trial, you should expect questions from the following types:
- Math formula-based questions. In such type of questions, you need to use math formulas to solve, they are simple and based on the formulas you need to memorize for the CAPM exam. For me, formula-based questions are a great tool in the CAPM exam, you just need to know the required formulas and how to use each in order to guarantee around 7 to 10 exam questions in the real CAPM exam. Practicing math questions will help you a lot in the CAPM exam.
- Methods and models-based questions. There will be few direct questions based on the models and methods of the project management processes. In addition to agile techniques, and specially estimation and planning techniques used in an agile environment. Some questions will describe a process in the question and ask you about the most appropriate method which could be used in the process, you first need to decide which process the question is describing and then select the right answer. It’s hard to memorize all methods and models used in traditional and agile project management, but you need to understand them.
- Situational based questions. The most difficult type of questions in the CAPM exam, however, there will not be a lot of them in the CAPM exam, such type of questions will test your ability to apply the theoretical knowledge you learnt into real life examples and applications in managing projects. It involves a lot of reading and therefor it will consume time, it’s important to recognize the important part of the question in order not to waste time, the other challenging part of this type of questions is that the four options might look acceptable, and you should select the best answer.
- Definition based questions. This is the simplest type of questions, there are important terms you need to be aware of for the exam. Those questions will ask you about the definition of a specific term or will define the term in the question and ask you to select the term the question is defining from the four options.
- Knowledge based questions; these questions may ask you to identify the meaning of a project management scenario based on the information provided in the question. For example, you could get a question where you are asked to find the exception within the four answers given or you may be asked to name a type of chart or diagram, such type of questions will be used frequently in the risk management, and progress tracking tools used in an agile environment.
- Interpretational questions. This type will give you a description of a situation and ask you about the best options to take. For example, they could give you a situation where a project is over budget and ask you to pick the best option a project manager should take to make up the lost time.
Based on the latest CAPM exam content outline published, the real CAPM exam will include multiple choice questions only. As per the PMI standards, each exam has 150 questions which you need to complete in 180 minutes.
It’s important to practice all types of questions listed above before you go for the real CAPM exam, it’s also important to practice simulated tests within a time frame of 180 minutes. The online market is full with simulated tests, and I have created a course on where I put 600 questions together divided into four simulated exams, all are based on the latest PMBOK edition, and the latest exam content outline. They and structured as per the PMI standards for the CAPM exam and including all question types stated above, my mock exams are to be carried out in a simulated environment similar to the real exam with a timer, you can pause the test in between and you are allowed to re-take the test later. Your test will resume from where you left, but the test time will be reduced by the amount of time you’ve taken in the previous attempt. These simulated CAPM exams may be used in several ways. If you take it as a final, you will get a very good idea how you would do if you walked right in to take the CAPM exam. In that way, it can be a very good readiness indicator, use this exam again and again to practice before you go for the real exam. A passing score of this exam is 120 out of 150, which is 80 %. I advise you to repeat these exams more than one time until you reach a score of not less than 90%, you can enroll here for these simulated tests for a price of $39 only.
How to know if you are ready for the real exam?
By checking your test scores in the mock tests, you will go through, you can check your readiness for the exam, doing some surveys and from my own experience preparing students for the exam, practicing those four mock tests and other high-quality tests while getting a score of 80% and above in each exam from the first time will make your chances to pass the exam from the first trial very high. The best in the course above that you will find detailed explanations for each question, you need to give attention for those explanations, as passing through them will be considered as a review for the CAPM exam content.
At the end, in the CAPM exam a pass is a pass, the CAPM certificate you will receive will not show your scores, whether you score all moderately proficient, proficient or even below. While you are practicing questions to prepare for the CAPM exam, try the same exam two or three times is often good for practice, but if you would like to assess whether you are exam ready, remember to evaluate only with your first-time results.
Need more mock tests?
The online market is full of exam simulators; I did proper research through the web and below am listing some of the most popular CAPM exam simulators, what am listing below are excellent sources for practicing the CAPM exam questions.
CAPM EXAM SIMULATOR – by MASTER OF PROJECT ACADEMY
Do you want to pass the CAPM® certification exam in your first attempt? Increase your chance with the CAPM exam simulator! The key to your CAPM success is practicing with as many CAPM simulation exams as possible. Master of Project Academy offers nine realistic CAPM exam simulations. With the help of these CAPM exam simulations, you will be able to assess your readiness for the CAPM exam. Practice with 1,350 sample real-like 100% online CAPM exam questions. Increase your chance of getting the CAPM in your 1st attempt!
The Exam simulator Features
- 1,350 sample real-like CAPM exam questions
- Nine CAPM mock exams and the content of the latest PMBOK are covered.
- Up-to-date questions for the latest CAPM exam.
- Answers and rationales for each CAPM exam simulation question
- A detailed report of your CAPM exam simulation performance and further recommendations to pass your CAPM certification exam in your first attempt.
- 24/7 assistance from our expert support team
Master of Project Academy helped more than 200,000 professionals in 180+ countries to pass their certification exams with an industry-leading 99.6% first attempt pass rate. You can have a look at the course and students reviews through the link here.
CAPM PMBOK 6 Practice Exams: Set Two for CAPM Candidates BY JOSEPH PHILLIPS ON UDEMY.
In the CAPM practice exam Set Two, you'll be challenged with 200 CAPM practice exam questions based on the PMBOK guide, sixth edition. These questions have been written to emulate the CAPM exam and are based on the CAPM exam objectives as provided by PMI. This exam course has been created by a PMI Registered Education Provider. In this course you'll have five exams total:
- CAPM Exam One: 50 questions across all exam domains (one hour)
- CAPM Exam Two: 50 questions across all exam domains (one hour)
- CAPM Exam Three: 50 questions across all exam domains (one hour)
- CAPM Exam Four: 50 questions across all exam domains (one hour)
- CAPM Exam Compilation: 200 questions in one complete exam (four hours)
Use this practice exam course to prepare to pass the CAPM exam. Take each one-hour exam set until you can answer all 50 questions correctly. Once you've mastered the individual exams, move on to the 200-question exam compilation. Repetition is the mother of learning! You can do this!
These practice exams will help you better prepare to pass your certification exam. I strongly recommend you take these exams over and over until you can score 100 percent each time on the tests. You can repeat these exams as often as you like. I highly recommend this course as more than 600 students enrolled with an overall rating of 4.7/5.0, it is also very cost effective, and you can enroll here for $11.99 only.
As a conclusion of all what was mentioned in this article, you need to practice high quality mock tests in order to increase your chances to pass the CAPM exam from your first trial! Pick the exam simulator that suits your requirements from the list above, check the details of each of them before you enroll in any.
PM PRECAST CAPM EXAM SIMULATOR – BY PM PRECAST
Prepare for and feel 100% confident to pass your Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam by using the CAPM® Exam Simulator. The simulator gives you access to 650 realistic CAPM exam sample questions in an online environment. Question difficulty and style is very close to any question that you will encounter on your actual exam. A team of certified project managers (one of them was even a former volunteer who developed questions for the Project Management Institute (PMI)®) not only developed all questions to be as close to the real things as possible, but they are also updated them to the latest CAPM Exam Content Outline as well as the most recent PMBOK® Guide.
The price for The CAPM Exam Simulator™ is $69 for 90 days of access. At the end of this 90 day period you can extend your access by 30 days for $15 or 60 days for $25. Note that the 30/60 day extensions are only available for existing customers. You must first buy the 90 day access. You can have a look at the CAPM exam simulator through the link here.
Good luck in your journey!