Practicing is very important; In this article, I am listing the most cost and time effective PMI-ACP exam simulators available in the online market, in order to access high quality mock tests before your real exam. The second contributing factor for students to pass the PMI-ACP exam from the first trial is practicing high-quality PMI-ACP exam questions. As I mentioned earlier in the PMI-ACP exam study plan, the PMI-ACP exam questions are different than college and school exams! They are very objective, your ability to recognize and deal with each type of questions will increase your chances passing the exam from the first trial, you should expect questions from the following types:
- Math formula-based questions, in such type of questions you need to use math formulas to solve. In the agile certified practitioner exam, these questions will be mainly based on the team velocity estimation. You should expect 2-3 questions asking you to calculate the velocity of the team in story points, or to determine the number of iterations/sprints the team needs to complete the project. Velocity formula is simple, and doesn’t need any memorization, you just need to understand the concept. In my PMI-ACP exam, I faced 3 questions about velocity calculations.
- Tools & Techniques based questions. There will be few direct questions based on the tools and techniques of the agile project management. These questions will be mainly about estimation and planning techniques, issues detection & resolution techniques, and risk management techniques such as risk adjusted backlog and risk burndown charts. Some questions will describe a process in the question and ask you about the most appropriate technique which could be used in the process, you first need to decide which process the question is describing and then select the right answer, it’s hard to memorize all tools and techniques used in agile project management, but you need to understand them for each of the seven exam domains. Expect questions of this type specially about the agile estimation and planning techniques.
- Situational based questions, the most difficult type of questions in the PMI-ACP exam, such type of questions will test your ability to apply the theoretical knowledge you learnt into real life examples and applications in managing projects. Usually, they are tricky and long, it involves a lot of reading and therefor it will consume time, it’s important to recognize the important part of the question in order not to waste time, the other challenging part of this type of questions is that the four options might look acceptable, and you should select the best answer.
- Definition based questions, this is the simplest type of questions, there are important terms you need to be aware of for the exam, those questions will ask you about the definition of a specific term or will define the term in the question and ask you to select the term the question is defining from the four options.
- Knowledge based questions; these questions may ask you to identify the meaning of an agile project management scenario based on the information provided in the question. For example, you could get a question where you are asked to find the exception within the four answers given or you may be asked to name a type of chart or diagram, such type of questions will be used frequently in the burndown charts, and agile manifesto principles.
- Interpretational questions, this type will give you a description of a situation and ask you about the best options to take. For example, they could give you a situation where a project is over budget and ask you to pick the best option an agile coach should take to make up the lost time.
Based on the most updated PMI-ACP exam content outline, the real PMI-ACP exam will be based on seven domains: Agile principles & mindset (16%), value-driven delivery (20%), stakeholder engagement (16%), team performance (16%), adaptive planning (12%), problem detection & resolution (10%), and continuous improvement (9%).
It’s important to practice all types of questions listed above before you go for the real exam, it’s also important to practice simulated tests within a time frame of 180 minutes. The online market is full with simulated tests, and I have created a course on where I put 720 questions together divided into six simulated exams, all are based on the latest Agile practice guide edition, and the latest exam content outline. They and structured as per the PMI standards for the PMI-ACP exam and including all question types stated above. My mock exams are to be carried out in a simulated environment similar to the real exam with a timer, you can pause the test in between and you are allowed to re-take the test later. Your test will resume from where you left, but the test time will be reduced by the amount of time you’ve taken in the previous attempt. These simulated PMI-ACP exams may be used in several ways. If you take it as a final, you will get a very good idea how you would do if you walked right in to take the PMI-ACP exam. In that way, it can be a very good readiness indicator, use this exam again and again to practice before you go for the real exam. A passing score of this exam is 96 out of 120, which is 80 %. I advise you to repeat these exams more than one time until you reach a score of not less than 90%, you can enroll here for these simulated tests for a price of $ 49 only.
How to know if you are ready for the real exam?
By checking your test scores in the mock tests, you will go through, you can check your readiness for the exam, doing some surveys and from my own experience preparing students for the exam, practicing those six mock tests and other high-quality tests while getting a score of 80% and above in each exam from the first time will make your chances to pass the exam from the first trial very high. The best in the course above that you will find detailed explanations for each question, you need to give attention for those explanations, as passing through them will be considered as a review for the PMI-ACP exam content.
At the end, in the PMI-ACP exam a pass is a pass, the PMI-ACP certificate you will receive will not show your scores, whether you score all moderately proficient, proficient or even below. While you are practicing questions to prepare for the PMI-ACP exam, try the same exam two or three times is often good for practice, but if you would like to assess whether you are exam ready, remember to evaluate only with your first-time results.
Need more mock tests?
The online market is full of exam simulators; I did a proper research through the web and below am listing some of the most popular PMI-ACP exam simulators, what am listing below are excellent sources for practicing the PMI-ACP exam questions.
If you would like to get more hands-on experience to be better prepared for the real PMI-ACP® exam, you might like to explore the PMI-ACP exam simulator by Whizlabs based on the Agile practice guide latest edition for $49.9 with 5 full-length mock exams (600 unique questions). What’s inside?
- 5 Full-length mock exams (600 unique questions)
- Objective-based (multiple choice) practice tests
- Exhaustive explanation with every question
- Tips and tricks
- Revision notes
- Unlimited access
What are the practice tests provided by Whizlabs?
Practice tests are designed by experts to simulate the real exam scenario. The questions are based on the exam syllabus outlined by official documentation. The questions that appear in each practice test are unique and not repeated in other practice tests. These practice tests are provided to the candidates to gain more confidence on exam preparation and self-evaluate them against the exam content. You can take this exam simulators package for a price of only $39,99 through the link here as a special promotion!
Test yourself on 4 simulated PMI-ACP Exams. That's a total of 480 realistic PMI-ACP exam sample questions. The questions have been developed by a team of certified project managers who have modeled the format, style and difficulty closely to the questions that they have themselves encountered on the exam. So, you can be sure that the questions are indeed what you can expect to find on your actual exam. Additionally, the questions are also modeled against the PMI-ACP Examination Content Outline, which defines the seven Domains on the PMI-ACP Exam on which you will be tested. What are the exam simulators features?
PMI-ACP Exam Simulator Benefits:
- Prepare with realistic questions
- Perfect for active PMs
- Learn to manage your exam time
- Prepares you effectively
- Increases your confidence
- Reduces your study time
- Accessible at anytime
- Accessible from anywhere
- Nothing to download
When purchasing your PM Exam Simulator™ you will also receive the following bonus items absolutely free:
- Advanced PMI® Exam Strategies (Email Course)
- Sample Exam Score Worksheet (XLS)
- Contact Hours Worksheet (XLS)
- Access to online discussion forums
- Subscription to the PMI-ACP Exam Tips Newsletter
The price for the PMI-ACP Exam Simulator is $99 for 90 days of access. At the end of this 90-day period you can extend your access by 30 days for $19 or 60 days for $29. Note that the 30/60-day extensions are only available for existing customers. You must first buy the 90-day access. You can have three months access to this material and practice 480 high quality questions for $99 through the link here.
The PMI-ACP exam format is a three-hour computer-based test made up of 120 multiple-choice questions. The questions are mapped to the exam content outline domains. These UNOFFICIAL practice tests contain1000 questions: 1 set of 250 questions containing Domain wise questions & 5 tests of 150 questions in English.
There is a restriction on a max of 6 sets and each set can contain a max of 250 Questions so we have provided Set-1 as a practice set broken by Domain wise & here is the distribution of questions. Domain I. Agile Principles and Mindset - 50 Questions, Domain II. Value-driven Delivery - 50 Questions. Domain III. Stakeholder Engagement -30 Questions. Domain IV. Team Performance -25 Questions. Domain V. Adaptive Planning -30 Questions. Domain VI. Problem Detection and Resolution - 40 Questions. Domain VII. Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People) -25 Questions. The rest of the sets have 150 Questions. Appropriate explanations: It will help you to understand Agile & the importance of the Agile Certified Practitioner.
You can have a look at the course content before you buy it thought the link here.
As a conclusion of all what was mentioned in this article, you need to practice high quality mock tests in order to increase your chances to pass the PMI-ACP exam from your first trial! I practiced more than 1,000 questions before my PMI-ACP exam date, and this is the core reason why I was able to complete my exam in 40 minutes less than the exam time, and pass it from the first trial! Pick the exam simulator that suits your requirements from the list above, check the details of each of them before you enroll in any.